CLOVIS NORTH HIGH SCHOOL BOYS BASKETBALL TEAM RULES AND EXPECTATIONS
All players who are members of the Clovis North Broncos understand playing boys basketball demands tremendous commitment and dedication to the game and their team. Likewise, parents make great commitment and sacrifice for their sons to play with the team. Playing for the Broncos is a privilege not a right. As Clovis North players and parents, we understand and agree to follow the policies:
1. All players will treat of
officials and opponents with dignity and respect.
2. All players, regardless of ability and/or playing time are equal members of the team. Each and every player will treat all teammates with acceptance, respect, and friendship.
3. All players will provide maximum effort in practice and games.
4. Attendance at all practices, team meetings, and games is mandatory. While injured players may be unable to play, they are still expected to arrive on time, listen to coaches, and encourage teammates and assist the team.
5. In very rare situations, players may be excused from games and/or practices. When this occurs, players are responsible for informing the coach verbally through a phone call or meeting at the earliest possible time.
6. When players miss practices and/or games, playing time in future games may be affected.
7. Unexcused absences are absences in which the coach was not informed in the manner described above. And/or the reason was for the absence is not satisfactory. An unexcused absence from practice and/or game will result in the suspension of the player from the next game in which the player is eligible to play.
8. Players are to be on time for all practices and games. Tardiness may affect playing time in games. Chronic lateness may result in suspension of the player.
9. Players are expected to directly seek and resolution when questions or problems arise with coaches and teammates.
10. Players will conduct their personal lives in a manner that brings honor to themselves and the team. This includes school performances, self-respect, healthy behaviors and social responsibility.
Code of Conduct
1. Play to win
2. Play fair, Observe the Rules of the Game
3. Respect Opponents, Teammates, Referees, Officials, and Spectators.
4. Accept Defeat with Dignity. Win with modesty and give credit to teammates.
5. Always Promote the best interest of our Basketball Program and Clovis North High School.
6. Reject corruption, drugs, racism, and violence.
1. Parents will treat players, coaches, opponents, and officials with respect and dignity.
2. All comments by parents and their guests from the sidelines will be encouraging and/or complimentary. Parents and guests will refrain from making comments about players’ mistakes or errors.
3. Parents will refrain from making derogatory comments to referees at any time.
4. Coaching basketball is to be done only by coaches on staff. Parents agree to refrain from coaching or directing their child or other players during all games and practices.
5. Parents will discuss player and/or team concerns and problems directly with the head coach. These discussions will not take place right before or after a game. A meeting will be scheduled. During the meeting, playing time and comparisons to other players will not be discussed. Remember, it is not the five best players. It is the five players that work together the best!
6. Parents will make sure their son attends all practices and will be on time.
7. Parents will schedule all appointments, family vacations, and outings around the practice and game schedules. (Best time to vacation is 2nd week of July until school starts. That is when I schedule my family vacations).
8. Parents will support coaches and encourage their athlete to do the same.
9. Parents will participate in the raising of monies needed to sustain the needs of the basketball program, regardless of the amount of playing of time given.
1. Coaches are responsible to abide by the rules of conduct embodied in the spirit of this document.
2. Coaches will balance individual growth, social development, and the acquisition of basketball knowledge and skills in working with individual players and the team as a whole.
3. Coaches will train players to play with good sportsmanship and to abide by the rules of the game.
4. Coaches will promote a positive atmosphere in all Clovis North Basketball activities.
5. Coaches will devote the time and skill necessary for the good of the team.
6. Coaches will push and challenge each player in the program to be the best they can be!
7. The coaching staff’s main goal is to get each player to play to their full potential and put each player in a position to help the team to be successful.
8. Coaches will treat players, parents, officials, and opponents with respect.
Player and Parent(s) Sign Below and cut at dotted line and turn Into Coach Amundsen
I accept and agree to abide by the rules outlined in this document: Player Print ___________________________
Player Signature_______________________ Parent Print ___________________________ Parent Signature _______________________ Parent Print____________________________ Parent Signature _______________________ Coach Print____________________________Coach Signature _______________________